1. Can I legally buy an airsoft gun from Defcon Airsoft?
Since October 2007 regarding the VCR Act you can only purchase a black airsoft gun or RIF (Realistic Imitation Firearm) if you have a defence under law which proves you are an active player (airsoft skirmisher) at a registered airsoft skirmish site OR have a valid defence for purchasing a RIF under Section 37 of the VCRA.
If you do not have a valid defence the weapon has to be painted over 51% in a bright colour (a process known as Two Toning).
Most RIFs we sell can be two toned – Please see our Two-Toning service HERE.
Alternatively, please check out the BB Guns section of the site for guns which are already legal to buy (must be over 18)
Proof of a valid defence can be achieved in one of four ways which will need to be supplied to us on our ‘Order Page’ when purchasing guns:
- Provide us with your UKARA number
- Provide us with your British Airsoft Club (BAC) number
- Provide us with proof of your valid airsoft site membership – this can be a scan of your membership card which can be uploaded to us on the order page. Please note we will check this with the site so verification may take slightly longer than the two methods above. A list of valid airsoft game sites we can accept proof of membership from can be found here: http://www.ukara.org.uk/approved-gamesites.php
- Provide us with your valid defence under Section 37 of the VCRA – these include the use of realistic imitations for film, television and historical re-enactment (again this may delay delivery as it will be checked with the relevant body before dispatch)
To prove you are an active “airsoft skirmisher” to obtain your UKARA or BAC number you must be a regular player at a skirmish site that has 3rd party insurance and must have attended 3 times in a period not less than 2 months.
UK law Requirements: Minimum age to purchase an airsoft gun is 18 years. An adult must supervise persons 14 to 17 years of age at all times. No gun should be carried in a public place unless in transit when it should be unloaded and placed in a secure gun bag or case. Note: guns must never be concealed on ones person.
2. What are airsoft/bb guns?
The design of an Airsoft Gun centres on a unique propulsion system utilising a small amount of air to accurately shoot lightweight plastic BB pellets.
3. What are the safety rules?
Please note that airsoft guns should never be used or pointed at another living being or any animal. We recommend that users purchase goggles for their own safety. Read more in our Airsoft Basic Safety Guide and BB Guns Safety Guide
4. Does it hurt to be hit by a bb pellet?
Yes it does! Not as much as a paint-ball but we would advise buying a paper target instead of using your mate!
5. Is the website secure for my credit card?
Transactions on the site are protected with up to 256-bit Secure Sockets Layer encryption.
6. How do we know we can trust you?
Because Defcon Airsoft aim to be the UK’s no.1 growing airsoft retailer, because we are part of a well established mail order company and because our reputation is based on word of mouth and our repeat customers.
7. Can we collect our orders?
You are welcome to collect your order from us. Just place the order as normal and in the comments box at the checkout please state you wish to collect from our showroom in Stoke-on-Trent. We will have your order ready for when you arrive to collect.
8. How long does delivery take?
All orders under 1kg are shipped via Royal Mail 1st class recorded, orders over 1kg are sent by ParcelForce48 (48 hour delivery). Orders received after midday will be dispatched the next working day, if an order is processed before 11am we will endeavour to post the same day although this cannot be guaranteed if volumes are high.
|Sun & Mon:||
9:30 am – 5:00 pm
10:00 am – 5:30 pm
Got a question or comment? Please use the form below to get in touch: